Monday, August 8, 2011

Post 1.5

Well my second blog was supposed to be finished earlier then now and also posted on a different topic. You see, I had been working on what I wanted to write in a word file on my desktop, and was about one paragraph away from being done, so tonight I had planned to finish and post it.
However, I managed to get a virus in the master boot record on my computer. Now given what it is called, even without an in depth knowledge of computers, it is evident that it is an integral part of a working computer.
So after trying numerous ways to rid myself of the virus, the last of which almost rendering my computer about as useful as a pet rock, I was required to use a backup image I had stored on my external hard drive from four months ago to get it working again.
What this means is, anything I had downloaded, or updated, or worked on since then, such as the blog entry, were lost.
On the bright side though, my computer is working again! The funny thing is the last time I left Canada to go to another Country, I ended up getting a virus as soon as I arrived there as well. Although that one ended up killing my old laptop, resulting in me buying this one, and this time it was fixable, so all in all, things are looking up.

1 comment:

Perovskia said...

The lesson: Don't leave Canada :P